OUR IDEA AND ETHOS
Our idea is to create a product that supports local economies and people, where all materials are sustainably sourced where possible, that is always affordable to purchase and maintain and is easy to construct. Our idea of creating modular green walls was stemmed from problems we have experienced living in a megacity. With the green walls we hope to bring greenery back to cities, increase biodiversity and reduce air pollution; so that we can also increase quality of life of city residents.
- We want to help make cities more sustainable, by designing green walls that can be used anywhere.
- Our unique modular design means that the wall can be of any size
- Our irrigation system is a low-cost and sustainable alternative to traditional green wall irrigation
- All materials will be sustainably and locally sourced in India and South East Asia, supporting local artisans and benefiting the economy
- We will always support local economies and people - by using locally sourced bamboo and coconut mesh for our irrigation structure and support of the plants
- We will use sustainably sourced materials wherever possible - bamboo is highly sustainable and local to target countries meaning that there is a low environmental impact from shipping. Bamboo requires little processing and therefore has a minimal footprint.
- Our product will always be affordable to buy and maintain - the irrigation system requires no energy to run and has a very simple structure. As our product is a one time purchase we will provide free replacements whenever needed. Lastly this structure is modular, so production costs are low, thus the cost of the product will be lower
- Our product is easy to construct - installing the Urban Flora green wall will require little time and involve only 3 steps: slotting the structure together, hanging the structure and adding the plants
- Our product will be completely biodegradable - including the packaging our product will be completely biodegradable due to the raw materials of bamboo and coconut fibre that we will be using. Our packaging will be made from recycled paper pulp which biodegrades.